Monday, July 9, 2012

Payton's Birthday




Saturday the 7th was my eldest son Payton's SIXTH birthday. 


This is so very hard for me to believe.  Time flies by so quickly.  It has already been six years since I brought home that tiny 6 pound boy wearing preemie clothes.
  Now he weighs close to 90 pounds.

Payton has been looking forward to his birthday since January.  

Since June he has been counting down the days.  He would ask me at least every other day if after that day it would be his birthday.  

Friday morning started out just like any other, Payton came and woke me up and we sat on the couch watching his favorite show the Looney Tunes.  I got a phone call that changed our weekend.  We were going to have company!

Payton and I waited patiently all day long.  I finally convinced him we needed to go into town to run some errands.  He had no clue his mommy was surprising him.  We dropped by Fed-Ex place and returned my book I had used for Environmental Biology, then we ran by the carwash and attempted to wash my car... I covered it in soap, then the time ran out and the change machine wouldn't take my dollars.  So we loaded up and went to the other car wash in town.  That one wouldn't take my dollars either.  So, my car still has soap on it.  : )


After a quick trip to Wal-Mart after that, and we could finally go meet our company. We had so much fun! We went to the park and played ball with Payton's t-ball bat and a spare ball from my car.  
We walked about a mile in the 94 degree heat. We admired the pond Payton had found on a previous trip to the park with his papa.  Eventually we got TOO hot and raced back to my car.


We took our guest back to their hotel and went home.  


Payton got to go shopping after this for his first birthday present.


He chose a Badge City Remote Controlled Police Car.



HE LOVES IT! 

 Payton wants to be a policeman sooo bad when he grows up.  


Saturday started about the same as Friday.  We woke up and watched a couple of cartoons.  Our guest came to the house and after a while we decided we should spend Payton's birthday at the Lake.  We packed little to nothing, just fishing poles and chairs and headed to the lake.


We stopped to buy some worms for great fishing at the local "corner store".  This place has been in business since I was a little girl.  I remember going in this tiny little gas station on our county road with my dad to buy minnows and such.  It was great to get to take my son there to buy worms to take him fishing.


We stopped by the boat ramp to check fishing conditions and decided another place a couple of miles away would be better.  


We drove down the winding lake roads I love so much and found the perfect place to stop.


We had a great day there! We stayed from about noon until 6:30 that night.  We cast fishing lines, we swam, Payton saw another little boy who plays on his t-ball team and they played several games.  We built sand castles... we RELAXED.


It was perfect.  At the end of the night we left this portion of the lake and drove back to the place we had originally looked at. 


Payton caught about 10-15 fish.


Payton has never caught that many fish at one time. 


He insisted on eating them.  Tiny little Perch and brim about 4 inches long.  He wanted to grill them!


Soooo.... we put them in the cooler and brought them home to grill.


We grilled out with the family.  We ate well on porkchops, salad, watermelon, cornbread, corn on the cob and of course chocolate birthday cake hand baked by Payton's mimi. <3

By the end of the night we were all worn out but smiling.  : )


Happy Birthday baby boy!!


I can't wait for your  Monster truck party this weekend at the lake!
Momma loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment