Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ah.... Sooo many prayers......

I have been home from vacation since 8:30p Sunday night. We had a great time in the Rockies - met lots of people... now it is back to the grind stone at work and in my Summer Session II at school.  I cannot however stop noticing all of things pulling at my heart this week. 
#1 - I have started following a lady on facebook and here on Blogger whose daughter is affected by Trisomy 8, it breaks my heart everyday to read of her constant struggles and watching her deal with the reality that the Lord will call her daughter back to Heaven someday.  I cannot imagine as a parent facing such an enormous feat.  I do not know how she stays so strong and as she says fakes a smile.  I greatly admire Whitney for her love of the Lord, which shines all the time, her love for her daughter and family... and am asking you all to pray for not only baby Aralyn Faith, but her mommy, daddy and older brother - who is only 3. Please don't just pray for their immediate time together... but also keep them on your prayer list for the future, as sweet Aralyn has been placed in hospice care. 
#2  Also here in the past week there have been lots of cases of child abuse/neglect - a little 2 year old boy was killed by his caregivers, and EMS found him in a car near an overpass - I pray that the people who killed this sweet baby be brought to justice, and that people realized children are worth more than that.  A child's life IS VALUABLE... There is always someone who would love to have a child to cuddle, hold and protect - murder is not the answer.
#3 It is amazing to me what the world is coming to.  A lady in a county south of here was recently sentenced to 2 years in prison for murdering her infant son... 2 years.. since when did the life of a child or any human become ok to take away ??  I am appalled by these acts, and am anxious to look for ways to see that something is done about this growing epidemic.   : (  While reading these articles this week - I couldn't keep the tears out of my eyes.  Children never expect someone to be mean to them - they don't know how to defend themselves - I just can't stand the thought.  I pray that if anyone is thinking of doing harm to their child(ren) you think twice and remember that somebody somewhere is in a situation like Whitney's watching their child suffer through something terrible and you can bet they would never dream of such.  Hopefully the possible abusive parent can appreciate their happy healthy kids a little more,  if put in a situation like that, and thank the Lord that they are granted another day with their child, when some parents are not.  I am not God and cannot decide what happens to who.. I CAN however pray for each person that requests prayer and those also who don't.  God knows who needs help and is ahead of me working on each individual case with love and concern.  I pray for each child in the custody of the Department of Family and Protective Services, their families and the foster parents and family members who have taken them in while parents try to work out their issues and become the parents their children deserve. 

With sad and heavy heart I am signing off for the night, I am going to bed... have work,school and a sweet little 5 year old waiting on me tomorrow.. good night all!!

3 comments:

  1. All of these events are so heartbreaking, but in the midst I am so happy and blessed that my daughter is the one praying and continuing her education to make this world a little brighter for those kids who suffer from abuse and neglect!! Love you so much!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I came across this entry and I wanted to thank you for praying for us! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome. Its so funny how the Lord works. A year ago, I could never imagine how you felt. Honestly I still can't. But now, I have experienced now being told that my child wouldn't survive... and wanting to defy the odds. We did, for three weeks. You are an inspiration Whitney, you,Aralyn and Ragan are most definitely still in my prayers. <3

      Delete