Monday, July 4, 2011

Our holiday weekend so far has been crazy busy.  Yesterday Payton and I woke up around 8:30  and watched tv a while... then as always it was time for me to do my homework!  I read history and took quizzes and wrote essays until about 11:30 yesterday afternoon.... then it was time for a quick shower and to head off on our next adventure of the day.  We surprised  Payton and took him to the Wings over Tyler Airshow... he thought it was really fun, however it was really hot, and the plane he wanted to see was not flying... then it started raining... :)  only for a minute, in which time Payton found necessary to pick up his lawn chair and put it over his head... SILLY BOY!!  Once the rain ended the show was over, so we moved on to look at the planes and meet the pilots.  Payton just had to look at the C-130 with a really long line, so we stood and we stood... and we stood until out of nowhere an F-16 roared right over the top of us.  It was Sooo incredibly awesome!!  Those things are super loud, I couldn't wait for it to come back by again, so I could have my camera ready.  Once he had flown away for the last time... we made it to the C-130, and talked to the pilot, who was very full of information.  Payton had noticed a SWAT  vehicle from Tyler PD, so of course when we got out of the plane, we had to go see it.  The Lt. of the police dept, was going to get in it and leave, and saw Payton, so he said do you want to get in and press the siren... of course Payton jumped on that oppurtunity.  The SWAT team are his heroes!  Payton pressed the red button, right as the Chief of Police walked by the truck... hope his little ears are ok. Kidding, as he walked by he told the nice gentleman helping Payton to arrest him. : )  After that excitement we  left on our next adventure - finding lunch!  We stopped at Sonic - all three adults got their new hotdogs - Paytie just had to have cheesesticks... his all time favorite snack.  Once we dropped off my dad and mom, we headed to Ira's house for a great visit.  Brad taught Payton how to race cars on the X-box, something Payton had never done.  We played videogames ,chit-chatted ,  played with the dog,  then again, it was time for homework... I'm very happy to say that I made a 100 on the history essay I wrote and a 92 on my test.  Now today on the 4th of July,  I'm again going to read more history, work on my last speech for Public Speaking tomorrow... and enjoy my day off!! Woohooo 4 days until VACATION in Colorado!!!

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment