Wednesday, May 16, 2012

School... stress... degree

So, it has been 5 months since I attended college.
I begin my last 3 semesters of classes, in 19 days on June 4th.
 This is very bittersweet to me.
In 18 days, June 3rd, my sweet baby boy was due to be born.
I'm not supposed to be starting school to finish two summer semesters, a fall semester and graduate.
 I'm supposed to be losing sleep at night in anticipation of meeting the other half of my world.
 I am happy to be finally almost done with a degree, 7 years after graduating high school... but at the same time, I desperately wish I wasn't. I wish that the feeling of only wanting a degree wasn't so far away, and now didn't take form as stress and dread in my life instead.
If I had my way, I'd have my sweet baby boy and a degree ... I don't care if I would've had to wait 10 years... he would've been worth it!
I'll start this summer semester though with the goal of graduating and working to help those who need it most.  This has been my goal for so many years and I can't wait to achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment