Thursday, May 17, 2012

Shake,rattle, EARTHQUAKE??


Last night was not a good night for me.  I was sad for a great part of the night and could not bring myself to sleep.  I cried for a good while, and it all started because I was thinking about the rain.  I don't like the rain anymore since Jacob passed away and is now buried not far from home.  I hate thinking about his little grave getting wet and so on and so forth.  I finally had done enough crying and passed out around 1:30 or 2am.

  I was rudely awakened last night around 3:12am, because it felt like my bed was shaking, my dresser and tv were making creaking noises and all of my jewelry was rattling.  I couldn't tell if I was having some sort of crazy dream or if we were having an earthquake.  My mother just happened to be on my end of the house, and I asked her did we just have an earthquake?  She didn't feel the house move at all... so we were convinced that I was having a weird dream and tried to go back to sleep... although my heart was pounding.

A few moments later, my mother came back to my bedroom, and said the local news here in East Texas was reporting numerous reports of an earthquake... about the time I felt it.  I wasn't having some sort of crazy dream after all... East Texas really did have another earthquake.  The second one in less than a week.

According to the USGS (U.S. Geological Survey), the earthquake that happened was of 4.3 magnitude. According to KLTV.com, this is the third strongest earthquake in East Texas history.  Our tiny town sits on a fault line, however, this quake took place about 50 miles away, just outside the city of Timpson.

To read more about the earthquake in Timpson,Texas on May 16,2012 click here:
The link takes you to the USGS website for the quake.

To read comments of East Texans about the quake, here is the story from our local news:

I hope all of you closer to Timpson had minimal amounts of damage done to your homes and property and that all of you are safe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment