Wednesday, March 9, 2011

In the Garden

Yesterday we spent time as a family in our garden planting red onions, white onions and bush beans.  It was such a joy to be out in the beatiful sunshine with the people I  love most.  I had fun capturing our time together digging in the dirt on our hands and knees. My son and my niece who are both under the age of 5, were so precious and innocent learning how to gently press seeds into the ground and, dig tiny holes to poke our onion bulbs down into.   As we were sitting in the garden, busy digging holes and placing seeds, I started singing Standing on the Promises of God. 

 I am so very blessed to have a Lord that promised to never let us be without all the things we need.. our garden is proving that we will never be hungry.   Once all of our onions and seeds were in the ground , the Lord provided us with the rain needed to help them grow.  Our God is Awesome!!  Today, on Ash Wednesday, tell the Lord that you are grateful for all the things he has given you and that he will always fulfill your needs. 

This is Payton pressing Onion bulbs into the ground



My niece poking Bean seeds in the Ground



Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment