Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back to school!!!

Soooo... I have one and a half weeks left at the District Clerk's office.  I am happy for this change, since I will be going to school full time again finally... even after many thought that it would never happen!  I'm on track to have an Associates degree in Social work next semester... and am looking at several different universitites to finish my bachelor's degree.  My sweet baby boy, who just turned five will be going to Kindergarten. I cannot wait for this weekend so I can take him shopping for all of school supplies and a new lunch box.  We ordered him a new backpack from the potterybarnkids website.  He decided he wanted a batman backpack with his name on it, even though he's never watched a batman show in his life.  I think it's just his age... he wants a cool superhero.  My baby is growing up so fast!!   I have found it so much fun though finding him neat things for school.  We found him a different kind of lunchbox called a bento box,that has compartments for all the individual food items. We also found food storage containers that have lids that are freezer safe, when frozen and put on the container, it keeps the food cool all day long... it's an ice pack lid basically. SO AWESOME!  I wish you happy hunting for supplies you need... I dread being out and about with all of the other millions of parents in East Texas who need all the same things we do... good thing I scheduled myself a 80 minute massage for Saturday afternoon.. hopefully I'll be nice and relaxed all day! Saturday night I have a baby shower to go to, then I won tickets  to see the  Randy Rogers band at the MDA benefit rodeo, in Athens at the Henderson County Coliseum!! Wooohooo! We're going to have a blast!!

Pics to come of all of the things going on the rest of the week!!!

Happy Wednesday!!!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck on going back to school! :) Fun stuff!

    I am following you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that your little guy is starting Kindergarten!! Good luck to you both!
    New follower from the hop! Please follow back! =)
    http://ourjacobsenfamily.blogspot.com
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! Visiting from Fun Friday bloghop!


    The Twerp and I

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy. I know all about boys and superheroes :) I have an 11yo and an almost-8yo. They love everything Marvel.

    New follower from a blog hop. Please follow back:

    http://www.fullcartfullwallet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to you all for the good luck wishes. :D I'm excited to have you all as followers! I will get busy following you all back. ;D Happy Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...totally drooling over an 80 minute massage...oh my...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ;) I'm very much looking forward to it. I guess I am just too excited. I thought all of last week my massage was Saturday and was very sad when I realized I still have one more week to wait. :(

    ReplyDelete