Tuesday, August 30, 2011

hmmmmmm. I know!

So , I'm sure all of you who read my blog regularly know that I am enrolled in 15 hours of college classes.  I am taking Sociology, Psychology, Texas Government, and Math.  Today the last class I attended was Philosophy, we were assigned homework in which we were told to discuss the philosophy of our lives... asked questions such as do you believe in a "God"and  why or why not?  What do you consider to be true in life?  How do you know what "true" is?  What do you value most in life?  It's funny to me because my professor told the class that we must write three paragraphs, and there must be at least 300 words.  This meant one hundred lines per paragraph, we could write a maximum of about 500 words.  I am known to be quite a lengthy writer,and in observing my fellow peers in online classes, write triple the amount of most college students... it is no surprise to me, that when I press the word count button on my assignment a few minutes ago, I had written 568 words, and didn't even feel done. :)
  However  I did stop.



My God is GREAT - No matter how many times I have to defend him!!!


 
It is strange to me to feel like I have to defend myself to my professor, on why I believe what I do.  I know that she has no real care for what I actually believe, she doesn't want to change that.  It's just that when I am defending the Lord, and my beliefs to someone in person, it doesn't seem as harsh.  People are more inquisitive than paper. ;)  I am happy to say that no matter how uncomfortable I was with the assignment I have it finished, my values have been listed, I have defended the Lord ,My God, on paper... and as much as I need to stay up and read government and Psychology and Sociology, I think I will go to bed... it's 11pm, and I must be up around 6:30am, for another fun filled and exciting day at our house... and school... and work.

Have a Great night!!

Thought for the night:

Stand up for what is right, even if no one  else stands with you!

1 comment:

  1. I am so blessed to be able to call you my daughter and ohhh so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete