Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Massage

Yesterday afternoon I drove the hour to Tyler for my much needed 80 minute massage.  I arrived at the spa about 15 minutes early.  The ladies sent me upstairs to sit and wait on my massage therapist which I did gladly.  I sat and read different articles in magazines and before too long it was my turn for my massage.  I have used the same therapist twice before and I know that I'm always very relaxed afterward.  She came upstairs, led me into the little massage room, and left for me to "get ready".

 Soo she comes back in about five minutes, I'm laying face down on the table, with my head on the little face pillow, my nose and face sticking out the little hole... lol.  I've always found this a little odd.  :)  She comes in turns all the lights off pretty much.. then starts your massage... while soft music is playing.  I think I must think more than other people and think things are much more funny than most must.  

She started on my back, which severely needed a good massage... it was super knotty... then she massaged my arms... all the while I'm laying there feeling like I should be on some candid camera show.  First the music playing in my room, changed from soft music, to birds chirping... I'm going wow who knew you could hear birds from here... then I realized it wasn't the birds, it was music .  Then I focus back on what she was doing... she had picked up my arm, layed it over her arm, angled it to where my fingers were pointed towards the floor, and shook it in a circular motion .. I'm really surprised I didn't start laughing.... she then proceeded to do the other side just the same.  lol might I remind you I'm laying face down with my face and nose stuck in the hole of this little head rest... she could've been up there giggling and I never would've known. :D  

 After my arm massage, she continues on to my legs and feet... which really felt awesome...  when she finished those and my massage was almost over, she came back up to where my head was... asked me if I would like my head and scalp massaged.  I thought that sounded lovely so I happily said sure!! Sometime during my massage my masseuse had placed a cooling head rest under my neck, and some type of something on my eyes.  Soooo of course when she was going to massage my face she removed these.  This is where I start feeling again like I'm on some type of hidden camera show. She begins by rubbing my cheeks and forehead... after she does this for just a bit, she makes pinchers out of her thumb and pointer finger, and starts pinching my eyebrows... this kind of hurts, but I bear through it... trying not to laugh the whole time she does it , because to me that was just funny... : )

Once my massage was over, she said... hope you enjoyed your massage and leaves.

I was so nice and relaxed, I almost couldn't wake myself up  enough to get up and drive home.  Overall I still very much enjoyed my Swedish massage from the spa... I just find the humor in everything... keeps life fun!

Happy Sunday All, try and find the humor in things today. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment