Saturday, August 27, 2011

Life is Funny!

This morning we woke up about 7:30 am East Texas time, we turned on the tv to track the hurricane path along the East Coast..  I can't imagine being in a situation to have never experienced a hurricane, and then think that I was not in danger.

With all of that being said... I hope all of the people in the East stay safe... now for the funny part of today... as I was sitting on our comfy couch watching the reporter for the weather channel stand out in 80mph winds...  Payton had went outside to find his puppy 'K-9 Ranger',how'd you guess he named her hiself. : )  I didn't think much of it, until I heard his little feet stomping as fast as they could up the porch into the house and he hollered momma

theres a ...

....

wait for it



 

in our yard!!!!!  GO GET IT!!!!

I hurried to put on clothes, since it was early and I was still in my jammies.. :)  I then enlisted the help of my father and within about ten minutes the donkey was corralled. 

We did go around to all of the neighbor's houses afterwards looking for the owner of the stray donkey, however we haven't found one yet.

In this economy, and Texas drought, since we live so far out in the country, we are starting to have a problem of people hauling their horses and donkeys out here and leaving them on the road. : (

This is great timing, since yesterday about 7am, I came out the door.. looked into the yard and my horse was standing there... he'd gotten out... so there I was tromping through our yard in a skirt and heels leading a horse =D


Hope all of you along the East Coast stay safe and out of the way of Irene! We're praying for you!!!


My Horse
The Donkey

No comments:

Post a Comment