Thursday, August 4, 2011

Some days

Today started as any other day did... I woke up around 5:15, hit the snooze on my alarm, and did so for the next half hour until about 5:45, then I leapt out of bed... got dressed and headed to work.  I stopped by the doughnut shop in Tyler picked myself up two "cheese pigs", and headed to work.  Of course, the day before payday my checking account balance makes things tight.  I splurged this morning, because Ira and I had planned on having lunch together this afternoon.  Plans with a law enforcement officer though, change like the Texas weather. : ) My honey was called away on "SUPER SECRET NINJA WORK"...  so last minute, I had to come up with something to eat for lunch on a budget.  A co-worker of mine offered to pick up lunch and bring it back for me from Long John Silvers, I just wasn't feeling it, then I remembered I had a free bowl on my Kahn's Kard at Genghis Grill.   (If you don't have a rewards card at Genghis Grill - get one! They're awesome!   If you eat there 8 times, or a couple eats there 4 times, you receive a free bowl.) I decided I would order my bowl online and pick it up on my lunch hour.  My co-worker agreed this sounded better, and wanted me to pick her up one as well.  We both placed our orders, I clocked out for lunch, drove all the way across town, through noon traffic, went inside to pick up order... and just my Jessica luck - they hadn't received our orders at all.   I all of the sudden, had to find out what my co-worker wanted in hers, and had to go through the whole process of creating a bowl myself!!  The managers were very nice and gave me 20% off coupons, but still I was in a hurry, and was annoyed I had to hang around and wait.  Once our bowls were ready, I paid the cashier and hurried back to work, with one minute to spare before I would've been late.   That's been my day in a nutshell so far, minus some of the grumpy people we get to talk to and work with.  : ) 

Hope you have a better rest of your Thursday than my morning has been!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment